The Connection Bank Mobiliti App (“Connection Bank App”) – powered by Fiserv – helps you manage your money, view your transactions and accounts, and manage your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- manage cards
- receive alerts
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION CONNECTION BANK APP COLLECTS
The Connection Bank App may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You or Connection Bank provide to us.
- Connection Bank App may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, User IDs, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account and use the Connection Bank App. This information could include your address or contacts where you choose to make them available (e.g. to make P2P (peer to peer) payments using Zelle or other payments functionality)
- The Connection Bank App may collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact Connection Bank via email, the Connection Bank App will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply
- The Connection Bank App also collects other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by Connection Bank if you contact Connection Bank via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. The Connection Bank App may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that an email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, the Connection Bank App will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want the Connection Bank App to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, the Connection Bank App uses your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. The Connection Bank app uses your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- identify you as a legitimate user in the Connection Bank App’s system;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail and/or push notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The Connection Bank App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. The Connection Bank App may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance The Connection Bank App’s products and services. The Connection Bank App reserves the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in its discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Connection Bank App discloses your personal information as described below.
(a) At the Direction of Connection Bank. The Connection Bank App may share your information with Connection Bank or with third parties at the direction of Connection Bank. Other than as described in this Privacy Notice in connection with the Services, this Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of your information by Connection Bank or third parties with whom the Connection Bank App shares information at Connection Bank’s direction.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. The Connection Bank App may share your personal information with third party or affiliated service providers that perform services for or on behalf of the Connection Bank App, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including: to provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to optimize the performance of the Services; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Connection Bank App.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, the Connection Bank App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
(d) Corporate Restructuring. The Connection Bank App may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of the Connection Bank App’s business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If the Connection Bank App’s company, business or assets are acquired by another company, that company will posses the personal information collected by the Connection Bank App and the company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. The Connection Bank App currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, the Connection Bank app may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. To do so, you should contact Connection Bank.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, the Connection Bank App may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to the Connection Bank App’s collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the Services.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and the Connection Bank App does not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to the Connection Bank App and the Connection Bank App learns that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, the Connection Bank App will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
636 Avenue G
Fort Madison, IA 52627
636 Avenue G
Fort Madison, IA 52627
Last Updated: 03/19/2023