- I embrace a "can do attitude" - whether its my job or not, I'll take good care of my teammates and our customers.
- I have a passion for our customers - it is my privilege to serve them and I will always look out for their best interest.
- We are forever evolving - no matter how good or how ahead of the curve we are today, we must keep growing and changing to better serve our company, our customers and our community.
- We are safe. We protect our customer's security and privacy, are a safe place for them to share their life's challenges and goals and we run our company in a fiscally responsible way so we never put someone's livelihood at risk.
- It's not only okay to have a little fun - it's mandatory! Part of making our company and our customers feel comfortable is working hard to be authentic and approachable. Unlike the stereotypes of our industry, we are not uptight, we like to think of ourselves as "unbanky"!
- We love where we live and work and we know we must play a vital role in serving and shaping our communities.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER, Connection Bank, 501 Main St, Keokuk. Read full job description here.
The position of Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for the consumer and mortgage lending function of the Bank in accordance with established Bank goals and objectives and assists with lending compliance, quality assurance, and adherence to policies and procedures. While performing these duties, the incumbent must strive to live our core values by embracing a “can do attitude”, demonstrating our brand of customer service “on steroids”, and protecting our customers’ security and privacy. A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration is preferred, along with 2-3 years lending experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements lending policies, programs, and procedures to assure the achievement of established loan and Bank goals and objectives as they relate to growth and profitability.
- Screens and reviews loan applications based upon Bank and secondary market underwriting standards.
- Participates in the Bank’s business development activities providing and promoting lending products and services. Represents the Bank in civic, business, industry, and professional organizations specifically relating to the real estate community (builders, brokers, agents).
- Keeps abreast of pertinent market and regulatory developments and identifies current and potential lending markets.
- Ensures that all loans are originated, processed, closed, and serviced in accordance with established loan policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all loan documentation is prepared, processed, and recorded in an efficient, accurate, and compliant manner.
- Responsible for delinquent loan collection efforts and for the revision of loan repayment terms or schedules.
- Works with supervisor to develop programs that will increase the community’s awareness of the Bank’s loan services in an effort to attract new customers.
- Promotes and participates in the Bank’s special credit programs and other CRA programs when applicable.
- Serves as a member of the Loan Committee.
- Remains current and up-to-date on all applicable regulations as they apply to the Bank’s lending compliance function, seeking professional development training as necessary.
- Performs compliance training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Promotes Connection Bank & Insurance core values.
- Projects a positive image of the bank to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to hold confidential information and displays honesty and high ethical standards.
- Strives for high customer satisfaction, is helpful, pleasant, approachable, and team-oriented.
- Knowledgeable of bank operations, policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Able to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and/or standards.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense while performing work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in computer operations with working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn software products specific to loan department.
- Good math skills, an understanding of basic accounting principals, knowledge of escrow accounts, including paying taxes to the proper taxing authority is helpful.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.