Thank you for your interest in Connection Bank and Insurance. We're always on the lookout for awesome people to join the team. Below you'll see what we consider the most important fundamentals for our employees.
- I embrace a "can do attitude" - whether its my job or not, I'll take good care of my teammates and our customers.
- I have a passion for our customers - it is my privilege to serve them and I will always look out for their best interest.
- We are forever evolving - no matter how good or how ahead of the curve we are today, we must keep growing and changing to better serve our company, our customers and our community.
- We are safe. We protect our customer's security and privacy, are a safe place for them to share their life's challenges and goals and we run our company in a fiscally responsible way so we never put someone's livelihood at risk.
- It's not only okay to have a little fun - it's mandatory! Part of making our company and our customers feel comfortable is working hard to be authentic and approachable. Unlike the stereotypes of our industry, we are not uptight, we like to think of ourselves as "unbanky"!
- We love where we live and work and we know we must play a vital role in serving and shaping our communities.
Do these sound like you? If so, read on!
To apply, please fill out this application and send it, along with your resume to Donna Bratek.
Loan Production Specialist, Connection Bank, 636 Avenue G, Fort Madison. Read full job description here.
The Loan Production Specialist provides support to Loan Officers in the overall loan application, closing, and post-closing process for various loan types while ensuring loan packages adhere to various compliance matters. While performing these duties, the incumbent must strive to live our core values by embracing a “can do attitude”, demonstrating our brand of customer service “on steroids”, and protecting our customers’ security and privacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all applications in a timely manner and provides to loan officers.
- Mails accurate and timely adverse actions to applicants as required by regulations.
- Submits files to underwriting (DU for MPF) .
- Prepares loan documents for installment, mortgage, and commercial loans.
- Completes and processes all necessary loan-related documents (security agreements, collateral documents, etc.).
- Prepares commitment letters upon loan approval.
- Completes and retains all compliance-related documents, especially as related to flood, RESPA, Regulation B, and Regulation Z.
- Performs clerical duties for Loan Department requiring knowledge of departmental procedures.
- To expedite closing process, orders title work, appraisals, credit reports, OFAC checks, flood certifications, obtains payoffs and releases, and acts as liaison with legal counsel, borrower and third party vendors in coordinating receipt and review of required documents.
- Reviews loan documents prepared in-house or by legal counsel.
- Coordinates closings.
- Books and funds closed loans.
- Ensures loan documents contain proper signatures, dates, and other relevant data in accordance with and compliant with loan policies and procedures.
- Completes data entry for new and renewed loans in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews loan files for completeness, accuracy, and compliance standards.
- Files all necessary statements, deeds, titles, UCC-1 filings, and other legal documents with appropriate state and federal entities.
- Assists loan officers with letters of credit.
- Assists lenders with all aspects of participation bank loans and performs monthly file maintenance.
- Distributes daily loan reports and out-going notices.
- Maintains weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Assures the accuracy of all posted loan entries and identifies and reconciles all unposted and rejected items.
- Maintains loan files and records in a consistent and orderly fashion.
- Annually obtains updated financial information and insurance to support outstanding loans.
- Tears down paid loan files and distributes appropriate documents in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and reviews required BSA reports including but not limited to Suspicious Activity Investigation Reports, CIP reports, beneficial ownership certification and all other required CIP documentation.
- Researches and answers loan-related questions for loan officers, staff, and customers and refers non-routine inquiries to supervisor.
- Completes assigned compliance training.
- Performs back up duties to Loan Support Specialist as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Promotes Connection Bank & Insurance core values.
- Projects a positive image of the bank to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to hold confidential information and displays honesty and high ethical standards.
- Strives for high customer satisfaction, is helpful, pleasant, approachable, and team oriented.
- Knowledgeable of bank operations, policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Able to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and/or standards.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense while performing work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in computer operations with working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn bank specific programs.
- Typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.