Three Convenient Ways to Stop Pay
- Request a stop payment on a personal check through secure Online Banking.
- Visit one of our local branches.
- Call our Accounting Department at 319-372-5164 or toll free 800-832-0997.
Steps to request a Stop Payment online:
- Select the Stop Payment tab located under the account summary.
- Please read the disclosure found there.
- Submit the required information: check number, date written, exact amount and payee.
- Within 14 days of submitting, please stop by any Connection Bank location to sign the
proper authorization. Without this signature, the Stop Payment is valid for only 14 days.
- The cost of a Stop Payment is $20.00, plus tax, which will be automatically paid from your account.
- If the amount and check number are not exact, the check may still be paid.
- The stop payment cannot be placed on an item that has already been presented.
- A stop payment will be effective for six months.
- A confirmation notice will be sent to you
If you need to stop payment on an automatic ACH, draft or recurring payment set up through a merchant please call our Accounting Department at 319-372-5164 or toll-free 800-832-0997.
Stop Payments may not be placed on debit card purchases or recurring charges once authorized. Please contact the merchant that is charging your account to cancel any recurring charges.
For further information regarding stop payments, stop payment fees or bank and customer responsibilities, please refer to your Account Agreement and Disclosures received at account opening.